Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Flextone II

bluerubin

I am still using my Flextone II. It is a good amp. I just can no longer use Line6 Edit. I know this is an old amp, but does that mean I should throw it out and get a new SpiderIII? Tried one of them, nope. Believe me I know that I will get zero support from Line 6, I just wanted to see if there are any others out there with same problem, Java does not work with Line 6 Edit.

On 1/8/2019 at 1:58 AM, bluerubin said:

I am still using my Flextone II. It is a good amp. I just can no longer use Line6 Edit. I know this is an old amp, but does that mean I should throw it out and get a new SpiderIII? Tried one of them, nope. Believe me I know that I will get zero support from Line 6, I just wanted to see if there are any others out there with same problem, Java does not work with Line 6 Edit.

Like it or not, today's tech is disposable... particularly anything that relies on computer connectivity for certain functions. Sooner or later we're all forced to upgrade to the "next big thing" if you want stuff to work right. 

And honestly, even if you liked it, the Spider III you mentioned wouldn't be much of an "upgrade"... at this point, that one's old too.

• 1 year later...

I was looking at my old post; found the work-around back then. I had to delete the current "Java" and load an old version. Now I am trying to figure out how to connect my Gear Box silver plug-in to be recognized. Monkey is not doing any update for me. I will look in the archives for a "work-around."

jre-1_5_0_11-windows-i586-p-iftw.exe

2 hours ago, bluerubin said:

I was looking at my old post; found the work-around back then. I had to delete the current "Java" and load an old version. Now I am trying to figure out how to connect my Gear Box silver plug-in to be recognized. Monkey is not doing any update for me. I will look in the archives for a "work-around."

jre-1_5_0_11-windows-i586-p-iftw.exe 245.76 kB · 0 downloads

It's your time,  so do as you like... but given that this thread is nearly 2 years old, by the time you get this all sorted out (which remains an "if") you'll be gumming down pudding in the old folk's home...;)

You might want to start thinking about an upgrade because I honestly think you hit the point of diminishing returns some time ago...don't be your own speed bump. The current generation of modelers are stealth fighters, and you're piloting a biplane... nothing lasts forever.