Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Need help diagnosing Stomp / Mission pedal issue

rayray6

Hey guys, I was at rehearsal tonight and my Mission SP1-L6H expression pedal wouldn't work with my HX Stomp. The Stomp itself was working fine, but it seems as if the Mission pedal just wasn't recognized. It was baffling since everything was hooked up exactly the same way as at home, using the Line 6 DC-3g power supply and the same Y cable from the pedal into the Stomp. I just got home and plugged it all in again and both Stomp and Mission pedal are working fine, whether I have the Stomp plugged into my APC surge strip or straight into my wall outlet.

I have had an issue in the rehearsal room before, when a buddy's Firehawk FX wouldn't even power on, when plugged into the same outlet.

Do you think it is a power issue specifically related to the rehearsal room? I tried plugging the Stomp into a cheap power strip they had there, but the Mission pedal still wouldn't function. Weird since last week it worked fine, plugged into the same power strip I think.

Thanks.

Just now, Kilrahi said:

So . . . it didn't work at rehearsal, but you came home . . . changed nothing about the internal settings . . . and then it did work?

Yeah. No changes at all. At rehearsal I even verified that the Global Settings and patch settings hadn't been changed for some reason.

Came home, took it out of my backpack and plugged it in - working fine.

Just reading the SP1-L6H manual, it says it is a passive device - doesn't require power. Which makes me think that as long as the Stomp was functioning, the Mission pedal should have worked. Or, does the Stomp still need more power than normal to work with the Mission pedal?

I guess I can try bringing my APC surge strip to the rehearsal room to see if that fixes it.