Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Balance Issues When Plugged Into Ux2

acw181

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here, I am hoping that this is the correct place to post this, if it is not then I apologize. I recently purchased a Line 6 Toneport UX2 and am quite happy with the variety of tones and versatitlity that it can get through POD Farm 2. However one thing is bugging me and I am hoping somebody can help me fix the problem:

In POD farm, when I click on the mixer view button. The balance is at 0% for both knobs A and B. At this level, my sound is there and it sounds decent, but something seems incredibly off, like the sound is missing something or the balance isn't quite right. If I turn these same knobs all the way to the right side, the sound gets much louder however it still feels off.

However, If I turn these knobs all the way to the left side, my sound goes away completely, which I assume is the reason why it doesn't sound right on the other levels. At first, I thought this was just in POD farm, but I am noticing that when I have my speakers plugged into the toneport, other programs that produce sound with any kind of balancing do not the play the left side portions either. Example: If I listen to a song with guitar harmonies, I will only hear one guitar. So, the problem seems to be with the toneport and not with POD farm, as this occurs even with POD farm closed. Does anyone know what may be causing this problem? I have looked through my sound options on windows 7 extensively and can't seem to find anything that will change this. It's important to note that I do not have any problem when my speakers are plugged into the back of the computer like normal. Any thoughts? Also, let me know if any other information is needed to diagnose the problem. Thanks!