Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

The signal from the USB 7 (Dry guitar) has a lot of noise.

aaa839

Yesterday, I was recording with helix rack, helix native and Cubase Pro 10. When I recorded the bass, it worked well. When I recorded the guitar later (about 10 minutes later), I find the dry signal from Helix USB 7 has a lot of noise. I have reinstall the Helix driver and restarted the computer, the problem still exists.

I have been working in this way for several months, there was no problem. Suddenly from yesterday, the noises comes.  The Helix is combine with UA apollo as  aggregated device in MAC OS.

Isolate the issue.
1. Deagregate interfaces.
2. Check if round trip on Hx works (DI to DAW, DAW to Helix, Helix to DAW) and how it differs from monitoring direct.
3. Agregate again
4. Check if round trip works while agregatted.
5. Make some conclusions,
6. Change troubleshooting method if not succesfull.
7. Keep the forum informed.

Hi, Zolko

I have tested it again in Ableton, by setting audio interface only to the Helix one rather than the aggregated one. The issue still exists. 

When the issue was first noticed, it was in a recording session in which only the bass guitar was unplugged and the guitar was plugged in. There should be no hardware or software setup changing when the issue comes up.

Is is possible that the hardware of Helix Rack is damaged?

Peter

2 minutes ago, zolko60 said:

You may google it ;)

I attached two shapshot of what I can see in the audio setup. There is no line6 driver. I have installed the driver when I first use Helix and re intalled it this morning. I have never seem a driver beside the core audio. Would you please give me a more specific instruction.

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 4.08.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 4.08.56 PM.png

Unfortunatelly I am not OSX expert. I guess both drivers are Core Audio. If you can change sample rate it is "downloaded". Class Compliant one os 48kHz and can not be unistalled.
If crackling occurs at 512 samples buffer it is no good. It is huge already.
Maybe somebody OSX experienced can join the thread and help you.

9 minutes ago, zolko60 said:

Unfortunatelly I am not OSX expert. I guess both drivers are Core Audio. If you can change sample rate it is "downloaded". Class Compliant one os 48kHz and can not be unistalled.
If crackling occurs at 512 samples buffer it is no good. It is huge already.
Maybe somebody OSX experienced can join the thread and help you.

It has been the largest 1024 buffer size.

Thank you Zolko.

I am looking for MAC OS expert to help me.