Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help please.

Jamesjohnson28

23 hours ago, Jamesjohnson28 said:

I got a spider V 240 combo and would like to know if i can play my bass on this amp or will it blow the amp or speakers? I have only used it for my guitars but my bass amp quit working. Thank you in advance. 

22 hours ago, gtrman100 said:

Don’t do it. The speakers weren’t designed for bass and you could easily blow one.

It literally comes with a bass preset. You'll be fine.

The 1972 Silvertone is a model of a bass amp. Use a smaller cab if you're still worried.

On 4/26/2019 at 7:51 PM, Kilrahi said:

It literally comes with a bass preset. You'll be fine.

The 1972 Silvertone is a model of a bass amp. Use a smaller cab if you're still worried.

There isn't a speaker out of the Spider V 240 combo. Yes, there is a model of a bass amp, but the speakers in the 240 are GUITAR speakers and can't take the excursion of the low frequencies that a bass can put out. I wouldn't do it, but maybe you'll pay for new speakers for him, lol.

1 hour ago, gtrman100 said:

There isn't a speaker out of the Spider V 240 combo. Yes, there is a model of a bass amp, but the speakers in the 240 are GUITAR speakers and can't take the excursion of the low frequencies that a bass can put out. I wouldn't do it, but maybe you'll pay for new speakers for him, lol.

The smaller 20 watt version literally has a setting called "bass." 

Are you saying they intended that for a guitar? 

To be clear, I would never suggest this as your go to amp for bass, and I'm also not suggesting you crank the volume and go pedal to the metal either, but it was on this board in another thread I first saw people here say it would work, and it does seem to. In the above user's case, where his amp broke, it could temporarily fill the void until a new one can be bought. 

I suppose here is a commentary on it from a Line 6 team member which is likely the final word (it's entirely possible on the smaller 20 watt it can't produce enough power to risk blowing the speakers, hence the bass guitar setting):

In summary, be cautious if you do it. You shouldn't try to rock the house in this scenario.Headphones would be fine though.