Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

helix plug in demo and pro tools 10.3

dannydog121

Hi all. ive downloaded the demo of Helix for Mac. v 1.1 and its stalled according to the installer however i can locate it in my plugins. my mac is 10.9 and im uing Pro tools 10.3

it appears in my components folder but not in my VST folder. ive tried to use JBridge to convert to 32bit but no joy. any help would be great. 

thanks 

gary

irronically it shows up in studio one but when i try and click on it theres no graphical window pop up. and any plugins im using in the same channel are present but im unable to open them afer inserting helix

On 5/11/2019 at 7:07 AM, dannydog121 said:

Hi all. ive downloaded the demo of Helix for Mac. v 1.1 and its stalled according to the installer however i can locate it in my plugins. my mac is 10.9 and im uing Pro tools 10.3

it appears in my components folder but not in my VST folder. ive tried to use JBridge to convert to 32bit but no joy. any help would be great. 

thanks 

gary

irronically it shows up in studio one but when i try and click on it theres no graphical window pop up. and any plugins im using in the same channel are present but im unable to open them afer inserting helix

Hi Gary,

Sorry for the the delayed response to your questions.

O.K. You say that you have installed the Mac demo v1.1, but the latest version for Mac is v.1.71 - although that can be unpredictable in how or if it functions properly. Those problems are being resolved hopefully in the next update, meanwhile if you want to demo the plug-in you should really try v.1.60 “The Spring Cleaning Update”.

Second point:- You say that you tried to convert the app to 32 bit! Why, what possible reason would you have to think that was a possibility? HX Native is a 64 bit application - that’s how it works, there is no 32 bit option.

Third point:- You say that you can see Native in the components folder but not the VST.  Well if it is in the components folder that means that you have installed the Audio Units version of the plug-in. You should have had the option to install the VST and or AAX/RTSA versions of the software. It’s a long time since I messed with ProTools, but if I recall correctly it should run the AAX/RTSA plug-in. Also, there are 2 Library folders on the Mac - one for the user and the other is for the System. Depending on what you installed for whatever user will determine which library the software was installed in.

O.K. It looks like something went screwy with the installation. What I suggest is that you remove the flakey version, go back to the Line 6 software downloads page and get the v.1.60 “The Spring Cleaning Update” and install that, taking care to install all the variations of the plug-in types for any user. Once you have done that, restart your Mac, open ProTools and see what you have got available.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

EDIT: I have just checked and discovered that the minimum requirements for using Avid Pro Tools on a Mac are:

· Mac OS X 10.10 and 10.11 & macOS 10.12 
· 64-bit AAX Native, Audio Units (AU), VST3 host DAW software 
· Supported Sample Rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz 

Avid Pro Tools v. 11.3.2 with supported plug-in type AAX

Looks like you need to upgrade your Pro Tools before anything else.

I thought you would have checked this first!

Edited by datacommando
IMPORTANT Additional Information