Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Edit Crashing!!

aaronmfcurtis

Hi Line 6 family,

HX Edit does not load up properly. I get a transparent window (when the Helix is unplugged) and cannot access any of the drop down menu options without it immediately crashing. When the Helix is plugged in, it takes a second to recognize the device and then crashes.

I have tried reinstalling all of my Line 6 applications, drivers, etc. as well as ensuring it is the current version of HX Edit and that the Helix also is on the most current version. It's a little frustrating that I can't tweak any presets on my computer :(

Any suggestions?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

HX Edit 2.71= same problem. 2.70 works so far without the screen corruption or communication issues I.e has not crashed. Also using a USB 3x port solved other global issues. Generally, The software seems to be work in digress. I nicknamed it CRAP for -consistently regressive application programming.

System: Ryzen 7 1700X 8-core CPU, 16GB SDRAM , NVME ,SATA RAID, DUAL GPU RX570, ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR HERO IV, 32-inch Professional Monitor BenQ. Latest security, latest visual studio runtimes, latest USB and other drivers. TPM2, encrypted storage. 

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/32288.windows-enforcement-of-authenticode-code-signing-and-timestamping.aspx

Note: bypassing smart-screen security is not advised. Instead Line 6 should update code signing practices which may include site download security audits so...Downloaded Code passes Windows Defender security scans. Also, you can unblock, successful downloads by viewing the files properties, then checking the un-block box.

Note: How it worked-If you are successful in installing the most recent Helix firmware and drivers but HX Edit 2.71 does not work as expected you can uninstall it then install 2.70 after un-blocking the file. Uncheck installation of everything except HX Edit version 2.70 to avoid over writing the previously updated Line 6 ASIO and other drivers. You can use Google Chrome Browser until MS Edge is ported to the chrome code base shortly. This doesn’t change the OS handling of code signing certificates on any modern OS platform which are updated to stop exploits of new security threats globally.

Here’s wishing that hope springs eternal.

I use Windows 10 as well, and I've never had any issues with HX Edit or installing the drivers. I'm not really sure why you're experiencing what you're experiencing. I don't think I've ever had HX Edit crash on me.

If you run into issues in the future, it would be good to open a support ticket so Line 6 can gather data on what's potentially causing problems.

• Sad 1

On 5/20/2019 at 8:53 PM, aaronmfcurtis said:

Hi Line 6 family,

HX Edit does not load up properly. I get a transparent window (when the Helix is unplugged) and cannot access any of the drop down menu options without it immediately crashing. When the Helix is plugged in, it takes a second to recognize the device and then crashes.

I have tried reinstalling all of my Line 6 applications, drivers, etc. as well as ensuring it is the current version of HX Edit and that the Helix also is on the most current version. It's a little frustrating that I can't tweak any presets on my computer :(

Any suggestions?

HXEdit 2.71=Not sure and after the usual troubleshooting I could not resolve it. The system runs perfect. And previously handled a 20 unit outboard rack. Currently the DAW with iZotope Spire and plug-in suites, works just fine. Let’s see...67-130 FPS GPU performance, all .Net versions supported.

Blocking exploited SHA=1 certificates is mandatory. Secure Boot is mandatory. Disabling security is not supported. Pace is supported...for the software dongle. Not interested in heading down the work-around path with Support. Heading for my laptop to roll the dice.

Still inside my return window at Guitar Center...I am not patient with rolling beta software efforts but the hardware seems good so far.

Thanks for reflecting. Please include you version numbers for reference.

1 hour ago, phil_m said:

I use Windows 10 as well, and I've never had any issues with HX Edit or installing the drivers. I'm not really sure why you're experiencing what you're experiencing. I don't think I've ever had HX Edit crash on me.

If you run into issues in the future, it would be good to open a support ticket so Line 6 can gather data on what's potentially causing problems.

1 hour ago, James451 said:

HXEdit 2.71=Not sure and after the usual troubleshooting I could not resolve it. The system runs perfect. And previously handled a 20 unit outboard rack. Currently the DAW with iZotope Spire and plug-in suites, works just fine. Let’s see...67-130 FPS GPU performance, all .Net versions supported.

Blocking exploited SHA=1 certificates is mandatory. Secure Boot is mandatory. Disabling security is not supported. Pace is supported...for the software dongle. Not interested in heading down the work-around path with Support. Heading for my laptop to roll the dice.

Still inside my return window at Guitar Center...I am not patient with rolling beta software efforts but the hardware seems good so far.

Thanks for reflecting. Please include you version numbers for reference.

On 5/20/2019 at 8:53 PM, aaronmfcurtis said:

Hi Line 6 family,

Any suggestions?

This may help-I just installed all of new versions as previously discussed including HX Edit V.2.71 on my laptop which is configured with the same security stack. Success? Yes.

I downloaded the Line 6 updater and HX Edit software...using Google Chrome...then I performed a quick scan using Windows Defender, of each file located in the default Downloads folder. Since this is integrated with what SmartScreen normally does live when connected to the Internet, the scan returned clean and removed the quarantine blocks. The installation proceeded without incident. Yah, Ok..I, will keep it.