Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Copy Helix (floor) presets to HX Stomp - How to?

tekhed

is there an article or link anyone can share with me that outlines this process? I understand I'll be limited to 6 blocks in HX, which is fine. I just don't want to completely recreate the 40+ patches I've got in my floor unit.

Do both units have to be connected (via USB) at the same time?

Thanks for any help!

If you have both units all you have to do is open 2 instances of HX Edit connected to the HX Stomp and your (Helix)?? if that's what you have, or the Lt or the Rack or even Native. Then just copy and past the blocks from one HX Edit screen to the other. It even carries over the Snapshot settings!! 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Glenn DeLaune 
Website  |  Youtube Channel  |  Facebook  |  Line 6 Marketplace

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I tried this method and it seemed like it would work but I always got a error message that read "not a compatible target" when I tried to bring over a preset from my Helix Floor to my Stomp. Anymore advice would be greatly appreciated. I would get a prompt that asked me if I'd like to overwrite the patch but it would never complete.

Thanks!

12 hours ago, ROOSTERBOY75 said:

Hello, I tried this method and it seemed like it would work but I always got a error message that read "not a compatible target" when I tried to bring over a preset from my Helix Floor to my Stomp. Anymore advice would be greatly appreciated. I would get a prompt that asked me if I'd like to overwrite the patch but it would never complete.

Thanks!

Based on what you replied with, you aren't doing what is suggested in this thread.

You can't import the whole preset. A huge part of this is that the Stomp can only use 6 blocks, and the full Helix can use up to 32. Once the 2.8 update drops you are supposed to be able to import a preset as long as it only has 6 blocks. 

Until then the only way to move a preset over to the Stomp is by copying and pasting one block at a time through HX Edit. 

• Like 1

Ok, that makes sense. So then it is possible for me to copy over at least 6 blocks per preset from my Helix floor to my Stomp if I do it block by block? That would certainly be easier than rewriting 32 banks of patches. My Stomp is going to be my gig backup and small stage rig. Sorry for being a bonehead and thanks for clearing that up for me.