Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Playback Audio From Imac To M20d

Hi there I am new to this.

Just purchased a Stagescape M20d and 2 x L2t's.

Intending to use this stuff live however also in my home studio. I have replaced my personus gear with this. I can't seem to get audio from my mac, i.e. basic playback of iTunes etc which the personus could do. Is someone able to point me in the right direction.

Regards,

Dave

I fought with this for a while, (I have presonus gear still sitting there too, but that's another story). 

The trick is to add another stage icon - the laptop one. I had to mess with it a bit at first by making a new clean setup. 

It confused me because it seems like the laptop icon "wants to be the analog 17/18 in" even though I was wanting USB instead. 

I did get it to work though. Make sure you have the latest M20d firmware installed etc. 

The bad news is the m20d is no good for "multitrack recording sessions" in that if you play back one track via USB from say Logic Pro, and try to record at the same time, the audio latency is like a quarter second so your newly recorded track is way off from the bed tracks. 

It works great to just raw record 16 tracks to an SD card.. 

I was going to sell off my presonus gear, but I'll have to keep it around for recording sessions..

Here's my thread on this:

http://line6.com/support/topic/3026-trouble-with-streaming-audio-tofrom-usb-macbook-pro-since-v12-upgrade/

Wow just read your thread. Hope I have not done the wrong thing here. I am now using the headphone output on the mac to the aux input on the line 6 and it sounds great. However not happy with the recording interface comments.

Cheers,

Dave

You can also use the USB from the Mac to the m20D if you want to go digital. Not sure if you would have to first remove the analog Laptop icon and put it back once USB is connected.

(I'll have to try that)..

As for a recording interface, that is a bit of a problem alright. My mistake for assuming the m20D would also double as a multitrack interface and replace my presonus gear. 

Still very happy with the m20D, it sounds great for live, absolutely love that there are parametric EQ's everywhere with a live RTA audio display underneath - so easy to fix an eq problem. 

As well recording all channels to an SD card is very slick!

By the way, Mac OSX writes a bunch of files for Spotlight search etc to the SD card when you plug it in, which seems to annoy the m20D. 

See my comments near the end of this thread:

http://line6.com/support/topic/4310-m20d-recording-issue/?hl=%2Bhidden+%2Bfiles&do=findComment&comment=29439

Once I clean out those hidden files the m20D likes the SD card again.