Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sonic Port VX with GarageBand iOS 13 beta

Hi,

Does anyone here with iPad Pro iOS 13 Beta and GarageBand have a trouble to connect Sonic Port?

It was freezing during recording and also the lighting cable line 6 provided with Sonic Port is not compatible as well. 

Hope Line 6 fix this soon

sajjas

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I found a solution but it will only work if you downgrade. I have tested 2 ipads and it fixed the issues. Google search downgrade from ios 13 for more detailed info, download the firmware 12.4 for your iPad model, sign out of the cloud and find my iphone app, then plug your ipad into the computer (I am on a PC, not sure about a mac) hit restore and hold the shift key at the same time, you can then choose the ISPW file you downloaded and it will downgrade you. I tested a 9.7" pro and an 6th gen and both are working fine after downgrade. Apple only signs the old software for about 30 days so do it soon. Hope this helps others. 

If you search for this "iOS 12.4.1 Restore Images" you will find the firmware. I am not sure if I am allowed to link it or not.

Testing Air 2 is not working like the others, I am getting stuck on activation. Possibly Apple stopped signing will update. Hard reboot fixed the stuck on activation on the Air 2.

This no longer works, Apple has stopped signing the 12.4.1 software. The only other work-around that I found is to buy an ipad that is on the older software from BB or ebay. I managed to downgrade 15 ipads before it stopped. I also downloaded the beta 13.2 and it is not fixed in that yet but this could change. 

So the really infuriating part is you CANNOT roll back to iOS 12.4.2 once you’re on 13.2. You can roll back from iOS 13 beta to 12 but not from the official 13. So if you haven’t updated DON’T because there is no going back now. I just spent an hour and a half with support and they confirmed that once you update it’s over. I guess if someone was clever and used some kind pf jailbreak procedure you could go back but there is no officially supported method. 

Also frustrating is they still sell these darn things! Crazy. 

I don’t believe Line6 can’t fix it. It’s their fault for not making changes to support the OS like every other manufacturer. Totall bull$hit to lay blame on Apple...but it makes future purchasing decisions simpler. I’ll never consider another Line6 product again. 

On 10/3/2019 at 1:09 PM, GTISPINDLE said:

I found a solution but it will only work if you downgrade. I have tested 2 ipads and it fixed the issues. Google search downgrade from ios 13 for more detailed info, download the firmware 12.4 for your.....

Nope. Doesn’t work. On iPhone anyhow. You absolutely cannot roll back from 13 to 12. You can roll back from 13 beta to 12 but once you install 13’s official release there is no going back even by using the .ipsw image file method you described. 

I know it stopped working shortly after I posted the first post. I downgraded all of our ipads before they stopped signing the software, bought a bunch more form BB and ebay to get the older os but it is a bandaid and I need a real solution. I am going to try wiring the cables to use a cck, I have a bunch of the lightning and 30 pin sonic cables. Any ideas would be welcome.