Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Control Update Comm Fail - Endless Loop

AdmiralB

I've owned a Helix rack for about six months, finally decided to pick up a Control.  

I opened the box, skimmed the manual (I was expecting to be able to just plug it in, but wanted to make sure), plugged in and powered on.  All the scribble strips lit up solid white, and "Control needs to be updated" appeared on the Rack's screen.  I pushed the 'green OK button' (knob six), and after a few seconds got a "Communication failed" message, which would endlessly loop if I kept hitting OK.

I figured out how to power the Control on, into update mode (or at least, that's what the display said), but it didn't make any difference.  

My Helix was on 2.80, so I downgraded to 2.71 and tried again - no luck.  I discovered that the Control's firmware is 1.06.05, so I thought that maybe being so old it would have to hit a 'waypoint' release - so I downgraded the Rack to 2.00.  Still no change in behavior.

I opened a ticket, but I suspect they're pretty overwhelmed with 2.80 stuff right now.

I'm guessing there's no other way to force a Control update, than through the Rack?