Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Farm 2.56 With Behringer Xenyx X2442

Hello,

I am a rookie in the realm of home audio/studio. I recently purchased POD Farm 2.56. I am using a Behringer XENYX x2442 as an audio interface in lieu of a Line 6 interface. I am running Windows 8 on a dual-booted iMac. I have gone to the Behringer website and installed any and all drivers that would install without messing up, which many of them did. The volume bars within the POD Farm program show that they are receiving the audio signal, but I am getting no sound. I also tried running the program through Reaper audio, and again, the audio/volume bars show that they are receiving signal, but I am hearing nothing. What am I doing wrong? Again, I'm a rookie at all of this stuff, so please explain in a simple fashion. Any tips or advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

How are you monitoring the sound? You should have your speakers/monitors connected to the mixer's outputs. You won't hear the sound through your computer speakers because the mixer becomes your soundcard, and Pod Farm (and Reaper) sends the audio to your mixer.

I have tried every output on the mixer, but I was using a set of Shure SHR440 headphones with a quarter-inch jack, so I don't know if that would make a difference. The only time I had any result was when I hooked my actually monitors up to the 2-track/USB Output port, via red and white RCA jacks. I had a delay set up on the POD Farm, and every time I strummed, I could hear a faint echo through the monitors. It was distorted, and not in terms of guitar tone. Exactly which output on the mixer should I hook my headphones/monitor up to?