Knivesaod

Having issues updating stock 2.51 firmware to 2.81

I recently purchased a HX Effects. Watched the videos, downloaded both Line 6 upater and HX edit. Also the drivers for the unit. Installed most current versions of both. When I go to update the unit, I start the program just fine - Turn on the unit and the program crashes. On both programs! if I have the unit booted up before opening either program they blink open and crash immediately. I am happy with the 2.51 but would love to take advantage of HX effects and the new features installed in 2.81. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

10 hours ago, Knivesaod said:

downloaded both Line 6 upater and HX edit. Also the drivers for the unit. Installed most current versions of both.

The update to 2.8 has very detailed instructions, and most of what you mention above is not part of those instructions. 

1. Backup your Helix with the "matching version of HX Edit". If the system is running 2.51, then HX Edit should be 2.51
  2. Download and install the latest version of HX Edit (2.81... or 2.81.1 if it's an LT)
  3. During the Install of HX Edit, when it comes to the part where you can selection options, leave everything selected
    • That step alone will update everything you require... drivers, updater, HX Edit... EVERYTHING. No need to download anything elese
  4. Run the current updater and follow the instructions closely. 
    • Do not Open HX Edit during the update procedure
    • Don't panic when the Helix tells you something failed and it's entered update mode... just follow the instructions on the computer installer. 

The above is a stripped down version of the instructions.... I do recommend you read the full instructions, not just what I have written. 

https://line6.com/support/page/kb/effects-controllers/helix/helixhx-281-release-notes-r920/

• Upvote 1