Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Another dead G10 with red ring of death - reboot fix?

terryrush

Like many on this forum my G10 died after 4 months with the red ring (ok, square) of death on the receiver.  I saw one post that recommended downgrading the firmware to 1.03 on the transmitter, and that did indeed bring the thing back to life.  However, part of the firmware upgrade (downgrade…) process involves a reboot, and I suspect it’s that what kicked the unit back to life, not the firmware change.  So, a question to Line6 (assuming you read your own forums…?) – How does one reboot the G10 onstage, where a convenient PC is not likely to be available?  I’m struggling to trust this device on stage if I can’t reset it the next time throws a wobbly.

Many of the Line6 devices can be reset, see https://line6.com/support/page/kb/general-faq/line-6-device-factory-reset-procedures-r435/ but the G10 is not there.

How do you reset the G10?

3 hours ago, terryrush said:

So, a question to Line6 (assuming you read your own forums…?)

There's not necessarily a Line 6 employee that reads all these posts... There a few that hang out now and then, but these are support forums.

Anyway, there isn't no factory reset procedure for a G10 transmitter as far as I know. I don't know that there's anything to reset.