Katmol

Variax 300 Computer Connection...

I just bought a Variax 300. I didn't come with any cables or software. What in the basic setup I need to connect to my computer so I can make changes to the programs?

Thanks

• Downvote 1

you need either a pod or a workbench interface. you will also need other cables depending on which one you get.

the pod has loads of extra features,,,  does way more than the interface...

needs a VDI cable. (usually costs extra, you can use a regular cat5 for just editing though)

the interface does only the workbench stuff with the variax needs a usb cable and a variax/cat5 cable (which usually comes with if you buy new)

the pod has loads of extra features,,,  does way more than the interface...

needs a VDI cable. (usually costs extra, you can use a regular cat5 for just editing though)

the interface does only the workbench stuff with the variax needs a usb cable and a variax/cat5 cable (which usually comes with if you buy new)

So a POD has extra features and does more, but does it do any more to the Variax 300 programs than I can do with the interface and a computer?

you can program the variax the same with either... no difference in programming capability.

So a POD has extra features and does more, but does it do any more to the Variax 300 programs than I can do with the interface and a computer?

you can program the variax the same with either... no difference in programming capability.

Thanks!

you need either a pod or a workbench interface. you will also need other cables depending on which one you get.

Will a PODXT (has ethernet jack) work for connecting a variax 300 to my PC?

NO. the jack on the bean is for the footboard ONLY.

Will a PODXT (has ethernet jack) work for connecting a variax 300 to my PC?

hi all. Back again, this time under a new monicker. Same old problem though. My Variax 300 still crackles and snaps when plugged in like a fresh bowl of Rice Crispies.. I am wondering if the coffin is grounded> any ideas?

Got a Spider 1 50W so with my FSB Shortboard and beanxt I guess I am firmly entrenched in the Line 6 camp once again.