Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spiver v MKII External speaker

whipp822

What do you mean hook up an external speaker? You mean take the back off the cabinet and attach wire to the speaker terminal? DON'T DO THAT YOU'LL POSSIBLY BLOW UP YOUR AMP! The only Spider V that you can hook up external speakers is the Spider V 240HD. It is meant to work with the external cabinets, none of the others can't.

If you mean change the internal speaker to another, I wouldn't. The models are created to sound best with the stock speaker.

Sorry. Me bad. The higher wattage ones have the speaker out jacks. I almost ordered the 120w and that's when I saw the inputs. I did notice with  my 60w that when I had the USB plugged into the computer and I was online, I was able to use it as a speaker.

• 1 month later...

If you have a Spider V 60 MkII and you want to connect it to a PA, speaker or other amp you need to use the "Headphones line out". If you want that the Spider speaker still working (as monitor or something) you just need to go to the main setup (press and hold the home button few seconds) and change the parameter  of Phones to Line Out. If you want to stop the speaker just set it back to Headphones.