Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Are serious bug reports filtered? (I stand corrected)

havkayak

[A couple of hours after posting this, I am now able to find my earlier post in searches. So I stand corrected (I think).]

Hi!

This is really a question, so check this out yourself if you need to (if you have some serious concerns you want to share about your equipment). I reported a serious bug in Helix Floor that was dismissed by Line 6 (after about three months and lots of e-mails). They told me I had to service my Helix Floor (probably some more weeks stalling the question). I knew that was the wrong conclusion, so I reproduced the SAME bug in Helix Native. This is a nasty bug that makes the sound gradually fade away when the patch is tweaked in the "right" way. I have a post about this topic in this forum.

Now to my question or concern. I did a syntax search with a chunk of my text from my bug report (placed in this forum) on Google and it did not show up. Then I found another serious bug report in this forum and did the same thing. Both posts are critical about the handeling by Line 6 Tech Support. Nothing showed up in the syntax search in Google. Then I did several other syntax searches with other "nice" posts, and they all got the "first place" in the Google search. This might be a coincidence, but I thought I would share it. Maybe so those of you interested in such things can have it in the back of your mind. Are topics in this forum being filtered? I guess the answer to this can only be answered if several of us looks into it.

I highly doubt it...

Keep in mind that generic phrases and terms, even when it's a direct quote from the forum can still generate generic results. Google also does not index in real time other than for company's that pay them for that. Generally it takes 1-7 days for new items to show up on a search. 

You can ALWAYS search just a single site with search engines. EG: Simply add "site:<siteURL>" (site:line6.com) after the search. Then Google only returns results for the site you want searched. 

Here are 5 Random examples I just grabbed from this site....

Problem: sound chopping abruptly

• Shows up #1 in Google

2.80 Stomp Upgrade wiped out names?

• Shows up #1 in Google

all seems fine Except all the Preset Names disappeared   (random line from the headline above)

• Shows up #1 in Google

Lots Of Niggles crept in since 2.8 Helix Floor

• Shows up #1 in Google

Error message, Device has not been initialized properly.

• This does not show up on Google because it is generic and can relate to many products. However.... as mentioned it is simple to add "site:line6.com" behind the search and it immediately brings up that specific thread at #1. 

Yes, let's hope you are right. It will allways be problems with such equipment. Did these posts say anything about Line 6' handeling of the matter? Anyway, I just noticed this in two posts with SERIOUS complaints (both on the equipent and Line 6' handeling of the case), and advice others to have it in mind. That's all. It is good to be a bit critical minded, especially after months of trouble :-)