Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

External Amp Switching Still Not Fixed

lincolnpbarr

I am experiencing a bug in controlling my amp using "Ext Amp" commands. My amp (Mesa Lonestar Special) has a stereo cable jack for controlling channel switching and boost. Tip (latching) is for channel switch and ring (latching) is for the boost.  My helix is set up using snapshots. I have "Ext Amp 1 Tip" assigned to a switch. The state of this switch I save per snapshot (Clean/Distortion) . Secondly, I have configured the expression pedal switch ( which btw, is INCREDIBLY hard to press/activate) to control the "Ext Amp 2 Ring". Whenever I am in my distortion channel and want to activate the boost, my amp switched back to the clean channel as the boost gets enabled. I have tested with a meter and what seems to be happening is, if "Ext Amp 1 Tip" is engaged and latching, them Ext Amp 2 Ring is also engaged by the expression pedal switch, "Ext Amp 1 Tip" latch is released, causing my amp to go back to it's default channel. I tested assigning the Ext Amp 2 Ring to any pedal and this bug persists.

I have been using this configuration for a long time with no problems. I have three shows this week, I guess my work around will be to go back to the mesa pedal for the boost functionality. Bummer, I hope this gets addressed soon.

I'm confused.

1) the thread title is ".....still not fixed". Have we worked on this problem before?

2) You say you've been using this configuration for a long time with no problems. What changed?

IF you opened a Support Ticket, then they're looking at it.

Of course, you're assuming that it's a Helix problem, not user error.

If you're asking for help with the problem, attach your preset and I'll have a look at it.