Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix and voice live 3 extreme

ursomuch2me

I have both, and I've messed with ways of hooking them together, but I suspect most people probably just want to run them separately. Use the Voicelive for vocals and the Helix for guitars.

But the Helix has a WAY better looper, so that might be a good option to consider running them together.

An option to consider to keep effects discrete and not get things blended together. Use 1/4 cables out of the guitar out for the guitar signal and XLR will be vocals. Use an XLR>1/4" cable for this.

Set your guitar output initially to one of the Effects sends, and send that to the input of the Voicelive. Run stereo returns 1+2 if you want. All guitar effects come first, so this effect loop will be at the end of your Helix signal chain. Set all the effects on the Voicelife, turn off the cab sim, make sure the amp is set to "Acoustic" or whatever for no amp change.

Run the vocals directly into the Voicelive, and send them out using your XLR>1/4 cable to returns 3&4. In the Helix, this becomes a new input, probably on the bottom two paths.

Now you can loop your guitar effected from the Helix and the vocals, using the Voicelive Looper. Vocals and backing track will run through the vocals stereo channel (if you set it up for stereo) in the Helix. Set your outputs to keep discrete stereo channels if you can.