Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod HD500X settings with Power Amp of Katana MK2

merglet

Hey folks!

I just got a Katana MK2 100 Combo, which has a power amp in so the 4 cable method is no longer required.  I haven't tested it yet, but any advice on whether I should set the 1/4" out on the Pod to "Line" or "Amp"?  I'm thinking "Line" because "Amp" was for plugging into the front of an amp, correct?

19 hours ago, merglet said:

I'm thinking "Line" because "Amp" was for plugging into the front of an amp, correct?

Correct!

Power amps need LINE level signals.

FYI the 4CM (which would need a complete FX LOOP circuit with SEND and RETURN connections in the amp) is needed only to use both the pre-amp and power-amp of a real amp, and at the same time have maximum flexibilty to place the FXs before or after the pre-amp.

When connecting a modeler/multi-fx directly to the power-amp it means that you always bypass the pre-amp of your real amp (real amp gain and eq controls shouldn't affect the signal anymore), therefore you can replace it with one of the several pre-amp models available in the modeler. In regard to the FXs placement flexibility it is the same as with the 4CM.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• Like 1

Thanks hurghanicoI know I could have experimented without bothering people, but I prefer to engage with people.  I used the 4CM before with a first-gen Katana 2x12, and it sounded great, and in a live situation it would be more appropriate (no unplugging cables).  But since I don't play live, this is far easier.  Appreciate the tip!