Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

alfredwikpisch

Hello everybody,

I use a translation program to write this post.

Short version:
New amplifier, connected to power and turned on, all "LEDs" are off, the LCD display is also off, but the speaker works and I hear what I play, the controls have no "function" either, Line 6 update program shows firmware 0.00, no update possible.

Long version:
I recently purchased a new Line 6 Spider V60 MKII amplifier. I unpacked the device, connected it to the power, plugged in my guitar and turned on the amplifier.

I wondered why no LEDs were lit and the LCD display didn't show anything but the speaker was working and I could hear what I was playing on the guitar.

I have read many forum posts but nothing helped and nobody has the same problem as me.

I have installed the Line 6 Updater software and the latest Line 6 drivers (v1.91). I connected the amplifier to my Windows 10 PC, moved the controller on the back of the amplifier to "MAC/PC/Android" and started the Line 6 software.

Windows 10 notification appears "Spider V 60 is configured".

A few seconds later the notification "Spider V60 ready configured" appears. A few more seconds later, I could select my amplifier in the Line 6 software. It has the firmware version 0.00 (Why 0.00???? I don't know)

When I try to update the firmware version, it does not work.

My steps for the update;

1. selecting my amplifier
2. Select Update version 2.00.0 
3. accept the release notes by clicking on "Continue
4. accept the Software License Agreement by clicking on "Accept"

Then the program automatically downloads the firmware (status "Downloading firmware update image").

A few seconds later the status "Installing firmware update" appears. At this moment I hear a little "crack" from the speaker. In the Line 6 software it says "Spider V60 disconnected" but the status "Installing Firmware update" is still displayed.

It takes a few seconds, then the amplifier is shown as "connected" again and the program shows the message

Firmware Update Failed

An error has occurred. Please try again.

Please follow these steps when updating your Line 6 Product.

1. Turn the power switch off, then back on.

2. Ensure the USB cable is connected directly to your computer and not to a hub or peripheral such as a keyboard or mouse.

3. Click 'Continue' and attempt the update again.

It doesn't matter which version I choose, its the same procedure. I also tried to use the Local Update version. No success.

I wonder why the sound of my guitar is played over the speakers but nothing else is displayed on the device as if it wasn't turned on.

Thanks for your attention, I tried to mention as much information as possible, so the post is so long - sorry!

Alfred

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...