Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Van Hager Tone?

joetdc

Anyone have settings to get a good VH Balance type tone? All I need is the pitch settings. Every patch I have found uses chorus. I know it's done with a detune. Tried smart harmony but there is not much to tweak there. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Set-up is for wet/dry/wet. I’ve got a line level tap off of a speaker output that goes to the hxfx split stereo to a 2 channel power amp. L/R cabinets wet with a center dry cabinet. Detune anywhere between +/- 7-10 cents depending on your taste. I’m running the +/- 10 cents and like the tone for balance era. Also delays on either side, some say 250ms/500ms with one repeat. I’ve found this is a bit much and can get a little muddy so I’m running 180ms/360ms. I’m experimenting with where to put the other effects like phaser/flanger/chorus/echo that Ed uses occasionally. So far I’ve tried running them in front of the amp and in the effects loop. When I get some time I’m going to try to run them in front of the wet cabinets only.