Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Digitech Trio+ with FFX

MacDoggie

I recently bought a Digitech Trio + to work with for writing and practicing.  Has anyone else used one of these with a FFX?  My first attempt at using the pedal through the FFX effects loop didn’t work, so I’ve been reviewing the user manual for both devices and still haven’t found why my first attempt won’t work.

If anyone has experience with using the two pedals together I’d appreciate some pointers.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hi MacDoggie, 

A little late... I hope you resolved this by now.

I have my Trio+ hooked up to the Firehawk FX. I used the 1/8 stereo out of the Trio+ to the 1/4 (L&R) FX Returns (and then the fx loop at the end of my Firehawk chain (so it does go through the reverb... I wish I could have placed it last in the chain)). I use an A/B amp pedal up front, B to a screamer->digital reverb->trio+ (so I can use the looper on the trio with some drive and reverb) and A to the firehawk FX guitar in. The A/B will toggle my guitar from the trio+ input chain after I set up the song to the firehawk guitar in.

I just tried this last night (I have a helix floor now where I do the same setup). My next step is to try it on my old Digitech GNX4 (because it has the old 8 track digital recorder built in, ie the 8 channel looper, or 4 channel stereo looper). On a side note... I really wish line 6 had a similar device to the GNX4 (8 track recorder, built in drums along with effects and amps/cabs) .

Good luck.