Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Rack vs 26 tube amps....yes seriously!

GuitarjonSDS

While we're waiting for the next firmware I thought I'd share something fun!

It all started when I wanted to make a comparison of all my 26 tube amps. Yes, I have a lot of amps haha but that doesn't stop me from also really loving my Helix's. Anyway, so I was working on this comparison/shoot-out thing but then I realised that it would be a lot of fun and very interesting to also include my Helix rack. Just to see (or prove really) how well it stacks up when compared to all those real amps. I personally think that the Helix did a tremendous job here. Fun fact: I chose some amp models that I haven't used often (or at all) before and also amps that model none of the real amps in the comparison. For the simple reason that all the amps are unique here so I also wanted the Helix to be unique, if that makes any sense.

Anyway, I'd be happy to talk about this for hours but I'll post the comparison. I would love to know your brutally honest thoughts, did you also think the Helix did just as well as the amps?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SaschaFranck said:

Many thanks for your efforts, quite enlightening. Gotta say that so far (haven't compared all too much yet, but I have the clips lined up against each other in Logic, so I can easily do quick A/B comparisons) for me any of these would possibly just do the job.

Thanks for checking the comparison! Ripping the audio isn't really what I'd like people to do tbh... I did add timecodes in the description so that people can skip between the segments.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GuitarjonSDS said:

Thanks for checking the comparison! Ripping the audio isn't really what I'd like people to do tbh... I did add timecodes in the description so that people can skip between the segments.

Yeah well, sorry - but comparing is really a *whole* lot easier when you have the individual files lined up. In case it helps, I promise to do no further harm to the files and just abuse them personally.