Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

line 6 monkey and catalina

ecafdrib

I have an iMac and I am using Catlina and am not able to run monkey.  What I would like to do is to find out if I can use the GUI interface with USB to be able to use this effects board.  I am still on the fence as to whether or not I will return this thing and so far find everything about it to be unnecessarily complicated.  

Any additional help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Arty

• 3 months later...

It's impossible use the Line 6 UX2 on Catalina ! I don't understand why the driver are update, and the monkey are not ?? If we can't use the Monkey, it's impossible to use the UX2 :/

I don't understand why Line 6 didn't fix that !

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everybody. Was going crazy trying to figure this thing out but I have figured out how to incorporate with Catalina! This actually works, please watch. You do not need the Line6 Monkey and your devices are not just useless now! Please pass this along to all the forums on here regarding this topic. Thank you

• 3 months later...

I tried for hours as well, and it is now finally working on my MacBook Pro 2020 Cataliina,  A couple of things I noticed:

1. Once everything is installed, plug the device AFTER the computer has restarted. Not sure why it makes a difference but it does. If I start the computer with the device plugged and click on the driver it shows "no device", but if I unplug, restart, start the driver and only after that plug in the device, it works. 

2. Not sure yet how much of an impact this had on my install, but for a while the following seemed to be what did the trick: if you see the driver installed but it is still not working, try the following:
  a) Launch Terminal
  b) copy paste this command  

sudo spctl --master-disable

and hit Return (this changes the security to Allow Apps downloaded form Anywhere, which is now a hidden setting in High Sierra and on)
  c) Restart the computer, launch the driver, connect the device   --- hopefully now it works
  d) you can turn off the Anwyere with this terminal command    

sudo spctl --master-enable

(this is based on this article: https://eshop.macsales.com/blog/57866-how-to-work-with-and-around-gatekeeper/ 

I will test in the next few days if this is stable and if indeed the step 2 needed to be done on my computer. But in the meantime, feel free to try!

• 7 months later...

BIG SUR

So I've made the huge mistake of upgrading to Big Sur on my Mac.  Every other application I use is compatible with Big Sur except Line 6 monkey.  So when using my PodHD500X, I'm stuck with gig lists and sounds from last year. I can't even rearrange gig lists without doing it inside the pedal board itself, which is so, so complicated.

When are Line 6 going to sort this out.  It's like you have forgotten we, the customers, have spent hundreds on these boards and you are doing the Apple thing of downgrading our use, to get us to purchase a HELIX.  It's not all about the Helix.  Help us out.

JH

• 1 year later...

With much frustration I have down-graded from Big Sur to Catalina. My Toneport KB37 now works with Logic Pro but I am unable to record using the 2 microphone inputs on the KB37 into logic Pro. Can anyone extend some guidance. Your help would be greatly appreciated.