Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Stomp and Neural DSP plugin (dry signal)

GJ77

Hi folks. 

I have been using the Helix stomp for a short while and will mainly use it for live. I also recently got the Neural DSP plugin and want to continue using the stomp as my audio interface. So, while I can hear that i am using the Neural, I can also still hear the Stomp. I've tried creating a blank patch, I've tried different input and output options but I can still hear the Stomp come through. In the blank patch it is just a dry I'm getting which would normally be ideal, but to hear simultaneously with the distortion isn't ideal! Just can't get rid of it. I've also tried direct monitoring from my DAW (Logic) but that changes nothing as far as the helix is concerned.

Does this mean that there is no bypass on this unit? 

• 2 months later...

If you are using a DAW, set the track input (for the track on which you have the Neural DSP plugin loaded) to Input 5. Then, to get rid of the dry signal, on the HX Stomp preset signal chain, turn the Output block's level all the way down to -120.0dB.

If you are using the Neural DSP plugin in standalone mode, it may not work. I cannot get it to recognize any other Stomp input than 1 & 2 and even then, there is no signal recognized by the plugin.

• 2 months later...
On 6/8/2020 at 2:18 PM, rayray6 said:

If you are using a DAW, set the track input (for the track on which you have the Neural DSP plugin loaded) to Input 5. Then, to get rid of the dry signal, on the HX Stomp preset signal chain, turn the Output block's level all the way down to -120.0dB.

If you are using the Neural DSP plugin in standalone mode, it may not work. I cannot get it to recognize any other Stomp input than 1 & 2 and even then, there is no signal recognized by the plugin.

Hi,

I'm also trying to accomplish this with no luck. In Logic Pro, I set it to Input 5, and on the patch on my Stomp I turned the output block's level to -120. I do not get any sound whatsoever now, any thoughts? I'd really like to just put my Scarlett 2i4 away for good.

• 3 months later...

Hey there! 

Did you guys find a solution in the meanwhile? I just got my brand new stomp and am still wondering if the idea to use the HX as an interface for other plugins (like e.g. neural DSP) is actually a bad one. I'm currently comparing the sound I get when playing through a focusrite 8i6 (which I've got from a friend for testing purposes) against the one I get through the stomp. Sadly, it doesn't seem to be on the same level atm :(

any impressions? Comments? Experiences? Help? :)