Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Faint Input Signal

I just purchased a Pocket Pod from a resale vendor.  I setup the unit via dc adapter and it put out a loud static and then it stopped working.  I’ve swapped cables and guitars and only hear a very faint static when I play.  All other features seem to work normally. 

I am located in a third world country and can’t easily return it.  I would appreciate any repair advice that could be sent my way.  

I assume you have the DC adapter that comes with the PocketPod. If not, you could damage it. Also, what is your voltage where you plug it in? I think it requires 120 volts for the DC adapter unless your model is made for other countries. Look at the label on the DC adapter. It should tell the voltage requirement. Most countries outside the US use 220 volts. You would need an adapter that transforms the outlet to 120 volts. 

Did you try it with batteries? 

Try the batteries because if that works, then the problem is the AC to DC adapter. AC to DC adapters come in different varieties. It's not just voltage, but polarity counts. Some are Tip + (positive) and some are Tip - (negative). The diagram in the Pocket Pod manual says "The optional DC-1 provides 9.6 volts DC, 200 mA and has center negative polarity. If that is wrong, it won't work and it could damage your unit. You should order the correct DC-1power adapter or use batteries. I'd try batteries first before ordering the adapter.