Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix and Kemper Integration

guyjames

I'm interested in hooking my Helix up to the Kemper via Midi cable so I can have a larger controller than the profile remote. So far I haven't been able to figure out how to do anything  I looked at both manuals (Kemper/Helix) but honestly I feel dyslexic reading those things when it comes too cc# numbers and routing...

Does anyone have experience with this? If so I would appreciate it so much if you shot a tutorial video walking me through setting it up. I want to be able to be able able to with presets with a performance and have access to some of the Kemper effects by assigning them to the helix switches too. If you're a helix user too you know this is the snapshot/preset hybrid mode. There's a lot to route between these two units but the marriage of the two could be pretty cool. That's not even including the option of a 4 cable method too I know.

Thoughts? Recommendations? Tutorials? Please and thank you.

`Guy

Not to discourage you from trying, but I found that the units for me work better by themselfs, after weeks of trying to control them together. You see, the Kemper can send Program Change messages but it can not send CC (control change) messages (Like Helix needs and does well), and that was the showstopper for me in combining them.  Please post your setup if you can do this, Id like to see it. ; )