Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider II 212 weird whine/hiss issue

BigDLarry

Started a few years ago and I tried everything. Dozen cables, dozen guitars, active/passive pickups, dozen power cables, dedicated power from the fuze box, on a UPS battery backup for clean power, nothing helps.

On all modes/settings/effects combinations, my amp will randomly have what I can only describe as an extremely slow phaser effect? It slowly loses all low/mids and then gets all screechy/hissy/whiney. Suddenly like as if you popped your ears and they stop ringing it goes back to normal.

I looked at all of the boards, all caps and connections look good. At this point do I scrap it and buy another amp? Boards for these things aren't cheap and aren't guaranteed to not have issues in the future.

Older product like that, probably likely it's an old and oxidized solder point on a surface mount component,

allowing a partial ground lift, resulting in the clock frequency to demodulate into the audio band.

Not a user repairable issue. Should be served at a Line 6 authorized service center that knows the product.