Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix 2.90+ Command Center HX Looper question

cglaser68

Are the new Command center HX Looper options a global setting or a per preset setting?

I.e. What I'd like to do is for each preset that I need to use snapshots and the looper with, is in stomp mode, be able to assign 2-3 switches with looper functionality (one switch for Record/Overdub and one for Play/Stop, and on some presets use a third for 1/2 speed), and then use the rest of unassigned switches under that preset for snapshots and/or stomp settings.  

In the read me though, there is the warning:  

"IMPORTANT! Although stomp mode switches can be assigned to multiple functions, to avoid unintended behavior, we strongly recommend HX Looper commands be assigned to empty footswitches."

This is ambiguous to me.  Does this mean if I assign two switches in stomp mode with my looper functions those switches cannot be used for anything else in any other preset?  Or does this just mean that I should not also have a stomp bypass or snapshot also set the any of the switches I assigned the looper to in that same preset.

The Command Center operates on a preset basis. You should not assign a looper function to an already assigned switch in the same preset, and once the looper function is assigned to a footswitch you should not assign another function to the same switch.

• Upvote 1