Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Recording 2 tracks simulteanously with Audacity

Hello! 

I just spent the afternoon finding a solution to my problem without ever finding it. Indeed, I want to record myself on the guitar via a Pod Studio UX2 sound card. I turn on Audacity (good because simple for me), I register => no problem. On the other hand, if I want to record when one or more tracks are already present, I have an error message "the audio was lost at the marked locations (and indeed the sound is cut, not in the same tone) , completely stupid), Possible causes: other applications are in competition with Audacity with regard to processor time (I have an i7 9700k and 16gb DDR4 I do not think that the problem comes from there! / All other program off) You are saving directly to a slow external storage device (I am recording on an internal SSD so good!) Finally it is when the sound card has to record and read that it creates this problem. my last recordings date from maybe 1 year ago and that I had no problem at that time! I tried to restore the default settings of Audacity but it does not work ... Windows 10 and sound card drivers up to date

Thank you so much You have an idea of the crash! That would help me enormously!

Check your audio settings in Audacity. Are you using the Line 6 ASIO driver or something called ASIO4ALL? If the latter, be aware that it is not a fully compliant ASIO driver and does not always work with Line 6 products. It is not supported by Line 6. 

You should configure Audacity to use the Line 6 driver.

6 hours ago, silverhead said:

Check your audio settings in Audacity. Are you using the Line 6 ASIO driver or something called ASIO4ALL? If the latter, be aware that it is not a fully compliant ASIO driver and does not always work with Line 6 products. It is not supported by Line 6. 

You should configure Audacity to use the Line 6 driver.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply!

Where can I choose Line6 drivers on Audacity? Currently ASIO4ALL is not installed on my computer.

I'll let you watch my screenshots.
- in "MME": there are synchronization problems as indicated in my previous message and the sound is strange: slowed down, detuned...
- in "Windows Direct sound": no error message but the sound is strange: slowed down, detuned, ...
- in "Wasapi", I have an error message while trying to save

All drivers are up to date on Monkey, I left the default settings on POD Farm. I tried to reset the settings on Audacity.

It does not work! Help!

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4 - MME.PNG

5 - Windows Direct Sound.PNG

6 - wasapi.PNG