Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best recording set up and monitors (on budget)

zaraki12345

Hello guy's! I get really lost and confused in all of this. I've got Line 6 Helix LT with interface Focusrite Scarlett Solo, monitor's Mackie CR3 and headphones AKG K271 MKII. 
With this gear what is best set up i can make in home for recording, mixing and mastering? (Also got Macbook Pro 13 2017 with Logic).

Recording straight into Macbook on USB Helix and output for headphone with interface Scarlett or maybe output from Mackie mini jack and then headphones?

Using Helix LT as AI gives you the most options UNLESS you need MIC Input (should've got the Floor). Or you could get a MIC pre and run it into a Helix Return.

If you want to keep your monitors permanently attached to the system and be able to pull out the Helix without re-cabling, then use the Solo as AI.

All depends on your needs, which will probably change over time. You may want to consider upgrading to a 6i6 for future expansion.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rd2rk said:

Using Helix LT as AI gives you the most options UNLESS you need MIC Input (should've got the Floor). Or you could get a MIC pre and run it into a Helix Return.

If you want to keep your monitors permanently attached to the system and be able to pull out the Helix without re-cabling, then use the Solo as AI.

All depends on your needs, which will probably change over time. You may want to consider upgrading to a 6i6 for future expansion.

Ok thanks :) For monitoring best results will be Helix on input xlr in Solo and output for headphones from solo? 

6 hours ago, zaraki12345 said:

Ok thanks :) For monitoring best results will be Helix on input xlr in Solo and output for headphones from solo? 

If you want to keep the monitors hooked up and the Helix mobile, yes.

• Like 1