Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Recording w/PODXT Live - USB signal is very LOUD, bad latency

I've got a signal going into my DAW (Mixcraft 6) directly from the PODXT Live.  The problem is that it's extrememly loud in the headphones and the latency is terrible.  How can I get a good signal into the DAW and control the volume in the headphones (with normal response or latency)?

Thanks!

22 hours ago, daveny5 said:

What audio interface are you using? You probably need to lower the buffer size to 128 samples or lower to eliminate the latency.

He did mention Mixcraft as the software. I just assumed he was using the PODXT direct to it as the 'audio interface' as it does get detected as a sound device by windows. You can have playback and even Windows sounds can come through your guitar setup with the PODXT as the sound device. I was wondering if that may be the problem since there may not be an actual audio card interface or usb audio interface.

I've never tried running my XT Live directly to a DAW as the actual interface or using Gearbox as a plug-in type setup so I'm not familiar with how it shows up in a DAW or what config options are available with it as the audio device.

• 6 months later...