Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax 600 MOD selector model led

Since I had time and had never opened it ... Well, I was encouraged. At least in the variax 600 model the pots are mounted on the pickguard, I observed that right next to the guitar model selector it had a metal point so you know what model you are, coinciding with the point on the model name, Well, it occurred to me to place a red led in that hole already made to do the same function and to see the Bank where you are playing even in the dark illuminated and this is how it turned out, I really liked the result, it gives you a more sophisticated appearance.
Well nothing so far my entertainment today and my new mod variax 600. The led works both with batteries and with the cable.

IMG_20200623_113638.jpg

• 6 months later...

The installation is very simple, you have to follow the battery power cable to the printed circuit, there you solder the + and - cables that you will solder to a led.In the long side of the led, insert a resistance of value x 470 ohm in my case and you the one that you see suitable for your brightness, and you place it in the already made hole, I only enlarged it a little more ... make sure to isolate each leg of the led well with heat shrink. bank are you ....

One more question is if I follow the battery cable’s + and - and solder the led with a resistor, will it light permanently as I always connect the battery pack. Should  I solder the + somewhere that the power will only provided after inserted the guitar cable. Thank you.