Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can’t get Godlyke to power HX Stomp. HELP!!

ibanezjp

So after checking the FAQ’s and seeing the Godlyke PA9 can power the HX stomp I ordered the green line 6 jumper for my PA9 since I couldn’t find the one that came with it years ago. 

I plug on the HX stomp and it doesn’t work.  What’s the deal?  What am I doing wrong?  
It’s about a 15 year old PA9 if that makes any difference. 

15D54121-CDEE-4AB4-ADC1-BF0EF1C1AC9B.jpeg

The green Line 6 adapter was originally made for the old 4-button pedals, so in addition to changing the plug size, it reverse the polarity. The Stomp, however, needs center negative polarity. So using that adapter with this power supply, you’re actually sending center positive power to the Stomp. You need to either find an adapter that doesn’t reverse the polarity, or you need to get a reverse polarity jumper to pit between the Godlyke and the L6 adapter.

1 hour ago, phil_m said:

The green Line 6 adapter was originally made for the old 4-button pedals, so in addition to changing the plug size, it reverse the polarity. The Stomp, however, needs center negative polarity. So using that adapter with this power supply, you’re actually sending center positive power to the Stomp. You need to either find an adapter that doesn’t reverse the polarity, or you need to get a reverse polarity jumper to pit between the Godlyke and the L6 adapter.

I understand.  Thanks!  Yeah I just found another thread on here where someone mentioned the stomp is center negative so I just ordered the red reverse polarity Godlyke jumper to stick before the green adapter.  Hopefully that should do the trick!!   Kinda funny how you have to reverse the polarity twice just to get to the proper size barrel for the stomp.