Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

CC Toggle in color on hx lt screen

lod01

4 hours ago, lod01 said:

Hi,

Is it possible to have the same color on a switch and the hx lt screen when using different midi unit please ? see pics

I think not maybe with a future update?

With KR

Hi,

I don't think that is possible. The the MIDI implementation chart on Page 47 of the manual show that CC Toggle can only set the Dim and Lit value for the footswitches.

As you are already aware, changing the colour of the LED ring does not change the screen display in either mode. The colour of the performance blocks are relative to whatever effect is being used in the regular signal flow view. Line 6 have decided to use a familiar colour coding for specific types of effects which are common throughout the HX product range and also in the effect listing used in the manuals. For example all Distortion blocks are Orange, Dynamic/EQ are Yellow, Modulation are Blue and so forth. I would think the icon display colours will be "hard coded" into the unit and not editable.

I realise changing the colour display would sometimes be an advantage , but in the owners manual on Page 39, under the section about customising a "Snapshot Color", it recommends leaving it set to "Auto Color". Likewise, on Page 43, the same advice is given about "Customizing a Footswitch Color. They let you change things, but prefer you don't.

There is something off a workaround to this if you have multiple FX on one footswitch and you want to change the colour. Probably not what you really need to achieve, but here's the link anyhow - see last comment in the thread.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Edited by datacommando
Added link

1 hour ago, lod01 said:

Many thx for the answer, so it'll be impossible even with Helix software future update ?

Hi,

As I noted in the original comment, the colours appear to have been chosen by Line 6 to tie in with what appears to be a common theme across the HX product range. When using performance mode on your LT the colours indicate whatever effect is chosen, eg: green for a delay, but the LED ring on the footswitch can be whatever you want to use.Whether it is feasible to modify the colour of the block shown in “Performance Mode” in any firmware update remains a total unknown. Line 6 don’t like to reveal too much before it happens.

IIRC, there was a comment somewhere from Digital Igloo, (Eric Klein - Line 6 Chief Product Design Architect), where he explained the reasoning behind how the Helix development team decided on those particular colour combinations. I will attempt a trawl of the Internet to see if I can find that information. If I do, I will post it here.

I have been using a Helix floor model for 5 years, and those units don’t have that performance feature, so I have got used to what each icon colour block represents and I have customisable “scribble strips” on the footswitches that don’t change colour, but the LED rings can be whatever.

Maybe the best idea is to get used to it.

Hope this helps/makes sense.