Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Go firmware 1.12 doesn't hang but effects stop working

wpostma

Since pod go firmware 1.12, the pod go no longer hangs (at least not mine), but I do periodically see the following glitches:

1. pod go can go into a passthrough mode (my guitar input signal still gets to my amp, but none of the effects work).

2. pod go can go completely deaf (my guitar input signal does not get to my amp at all).

Restarting the podgo causes this to go away. No way would I use this live, for a church service or a band gig.

Switching around among presets, and changing a preset's effects is the most frequent way this occurs. Tweaking the especially DSP heavy effects (like changing out one reverb for another) is the most frequent way this reproduces.

Warren Postma

Is this when you are only connected to Pod Go, or are you connected to Pod Go Edit via USB. 

If the former, reset your PG back to factory settings by switching off, then holding buttons C&D when powering up. If you have custom patches/IR's, back up your PG first ('export') then import them back once you've re-set to factory.  Don't worry re losing v1.2 - that will stay. 

If the latter, try Pod Go with no USB cable connected (still some USB connection bugs, see here): 

Known Issues in 1.12

• In rare cases when connected via USB, POD Go may appear unresponsive after powering down a connected PC. If this happens, unplug the USB cable from POD Go, at which point it should behave normally

• On rare occasions, audio can be lost if POD Go is powered on while a connected Mac/PC is passing audio via USB

• On rare occasions, POD Go can freeze while restoring from a backup. In this case, attempt the restore again
  • Sending a MIDI CC68 message from your computer can sometimes cause a graphical glitch
  • If Global Settings > Switches/Pedals > FS Auto Assign is set to "Off," changing a block's model category can sometimes reflect the previous category color on the footswitch

PodGoEdit was not open but I did have the usb cable attached to my pc.

Will try leaving the USB cable unplugged but I wanted to leave it online so that I could use it to record audio from the podgo into my daw when I want it.

I have seen another weird glitch with the footswitch colors. IN snapshot mode the four footswitches that show which snapshot is active should be white but sometimes they are another color. (Yellow or blue, or red).

11 hours ago, wpostma said:

PodGoEdit was not open but I did have the usb cable attached to my pc.

Will try leaving the USB cable unplugged but I wanted to leave it online so that I could use it to record audio from the podgo into my daw when I want it.

I have seen another weird glitch with the footswitch colors. IN snapshot mode the four footswitches that show which snapshot is active should be white but sometimes they are another color. (Yellow or blue, or red).

Yup, its likely the known USB cable issue then as per prev post. But different colour snapshot buttons is wierd, although many would like that themselves!