Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 POD Go not recognized as audio device by Windows

weitzhandler

Good info @ElPuni, hopefully helps some people. Unfortunately even that didn't work for me.

@voxman55 to answer your question, I completely reformatted the entire computer multiple times hoping it was a software or registry corruption issue, no luck. Drivers are how software talks to the hardware, so completely possible different versions of hardware could be the issue. But it's standard, they just need to keep it updated to support the latest (e.g., USB3.1 which is fairly new). 

I unfortunately returned the computer that had the issues because I literally bought it to do music recording and it didn't work so I can't test on the latest one that just got released. Works on all my other computers though. To be fair, the new M1 Macs are having similar driver issues, so I think Line 6 is just a little behind.

10 minutes ago, saxatron said:

Good info @ElPuni, hopefully helps some people. Unfortunately even that didn't work for me.

@voxman55 to answer your question, I completely reformatted the entire computer multiple times hoping it was a software or registry corruption issue, no luck. Drivers are how software talks to the hardware, so completely possible different versions of hardware could be the issue. But it's standard, they just need to keep it updated to support the latest (e.g., USB3.1 which is fairly new). 

I unfortunately returned the computer that had the issues because I literally bought it to do music recording and it didn't work so I can't test on the latest one that just got released. Works on all my other computers though. To be fair, the new M1 Macs are having similar driver issues, so I think Line 6 is just a little behind.

Bummer! - sorry to hear you've been struggling with all this & I wasn't able to help - hopefully Line 6 will catch-up as needed, asap. 

• 1 year later...

If anyone is still looking for a fix -> I managed to solve this (after some Windows 11 updates, my Pod Go was no longer detected as an output device for my laptop and the Driver Manager was saying that the Pod Go driver was not working properly, even though the app Pod Go edit was properly working, it was just that the device was not available as an output device for the laptop).

Reinstalling the drivers and Pod Go edit did NOT fix the issue, but I found that it was caused by Windows Memory Integrity as the driver was not compatible with this feature, so disabling the Memory Integrity feature in Windows Security -> Core Isolation settings, then uninstalling & reinstalling the Pod Go edit (as well for the drivers that come with the Pod Go edit package) followed by a restart fixed the issue.

Hopefully Line 6 will release an update so that the drivers are no longer in conflict with Window Security features ...

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Thank you Alex, I can confirm with the latest Windows 11 23H2 22635.2700 that this fix is still required to enable recording.

I should not have to turn off memory integrity to operate a foot pedal. I'm going to test this unit out and if by tonight I don't have it working I will be returning it tomorrow morning for a different unit.