Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp - No default presets / inability to import

johncokos

Just got my Stomp in the mail today.

When opening up HX Edit, I see that there's a trove of presets that all seem to have settings, but none are named, which is odd.

Additionally, when I try to import a preset that I'd made in Helix Native (and exported), I get an error.

The screenshot below show both --- you can see the long list of "empty" presets, with settings, along with the error that pops up when I try an import.

Am I missing a piece here?

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 3.57.30 PM.png

Excellent. That got the presets to where I can see them all again, thanks for that tip!

Now, as far as importing goes, is there a reason that presets made with Helix Native cannot be brought in? I downloaded a few from this site and they work when I use Helix Native as a plugin in a DAW.

But trying to pull those into HX Edit, I get that error (below). Is there an inherent incompatibility? 

I actually bought the stomp because I wanted it + HX Edit and just do the thing without having to go through Pro Tools or Garage Band or something complicated. But not having the ability to import from the community or the other sources out there is limiting.

Thanks again 

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 8.54.31 PM.png

• Like 1

HX Stomp has one processor. Helix has two. If a Helix Preset has six blocks or less, it will import UNLESS the DSP total for the blocks exceeds the HX Stomp DSP limitations.

If it has more than 6 blocks it won't import. Customtone has tones built for Helix, and tones built for HX Stomp.

Native has a Hardware Compatibility mode. Click the Settings Icon (the little gear thingy in the lower left corner). Select the Hardware Compatibility tab. Select HX Stomp. The rest of the defaults should be OK. Now you can make compatible presets in Native.