Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hx Effects with HX Stomp Midi issue

iain_reay

Hi all, 

I've set my hx effects up with my hx stomp. 

Running snapshots on the hx effects I want to recall presets from the hx stomp. 

I've set up the correct programme select in the command centre but when I select on the hx effects I have to press it twice to recall the right preset on the stomp. 

First press = preset that isn't required

Second press = recalls the correct preset 

I am stumped. I've watched a video of richie castellano set up his and followed the steps exactly the same but I still have to press it twice.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Iain

• Upvote 1

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. Yes I've tried that but it's still not working. 

So when I'm selecting a preset on the hx effects the midi command defaults to whatever its already at. I go into command centre, set up a midi command to recall a preset on the hx stomp and it all work, save for the fact I have to double press the hx effects. 

I really can't work it out! 

Disable PC Tx in both the HXFX and Stomp.It shouldn't be necessary on the Stomp if there's no connection from STOMP MIDI OUT to HXFX MIDI IN.

That prevents both units from sending the default PC# when a preset loads on either.

You're wanting to change the Stomp preset from the HXFX when the HXFX preset loads. Yes?

In Command Center on HXFX, set Instant Command (the lightning bolt) 1 to the PC# corresponding to the preset you want loaded on the Stomp.

When you select the preset on HXFX, IC1 sends the PC# you configured in IC1 to the Stomp.

If you want different Stomp presets to load via Snapshots on the HXFX, set different PC#s in IC1 for each Snapshot.

There's no reason you'd need to double press the footswitch on the HXFX.

If that is still happening, you've either got a bad footswitch or Command Center is still not configured correctly.

Get a MIDI Monitor such as MIDIOX (free) and watch what exactly is being sent from the HXFX when you load a preset.

This can be done over USB, so no need to disconnect the 5 pin DIN from HXFX MIDI OUT to STOMP MIDI IN.

You shouldn't need the STOMP to HXFX connection at all in the configuration you're describing.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're trying to do?

• 1 year later...
On 1/30/2022 at 12:10 PM, bluescollar said:

Was this sorted by the suggestion from this forum or did you sort it in a different way? I am having the same problem and trying to fix it.

Considering that this thread is almost 2 years old, you might not get a response from OP.

I'm going to guess that he solved this by setting his Base MIDI Channel on his CONTROLLER device to other than the Base Channel on the CONTROLLED device, then in Command Center set the PC message to the CONTROLLED device Base Channel. He didn't give much detail and never attached a sample preset, so it's hard to tell.

If my post describes your problem,

On 11/25/2020 at 10:02 AM, rd2rk said:

You're wanting to change the Stomp preset from the HXFX when the HXFX preset loads. Yes?

then my solution is the Best Practices way to go about doing it.

If not, describe YOUR specific configuration and attach a sample preset.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...