Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects Firmware Update Failed

Peorthuk

Hi All,

I have an issue with my HX Stomp. I have upgrade to firmware 3.0 a few days ago and everything went smooth. I have received an email today edvising to upgrade to version 3.01, but during the upgrade through the "Line 6 Updater", I received the attached error message. I followed the instructions and turned off and on the HX Stomp, however, turning it on it is now stuck to a window with the line 6 logo and the "HX Stomp", see picture.

I tried to connect it to the Line 6 updater but it wasn't showing up, so I tried to turn it off and on again holding the right arrow and it is now showing up, but it does not recognise the firmware, see screenshot. If I try to click on any of the three options, I am able to choose a new firmware, however, I then get back the Firmware Update Failed error.

Any idea on how to resolve this issue?

Thank you.

P

Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 21.47.52.png

Stomp.jpg

Screenshot 2020-12-04 at 22.14.17.png

How did you resolve it?

I'm having the same issue. 

I just bought the HX Stomp and tried upgrading from 2.65.0

The upgrade failed. I have the same error page on the updater. I also have the same screen (except it's the 2.65 version) frozen on the HX Stomp.

• 3 weeks later...

I just had this and it seemed to be because one set of usb ports on my PC (I have a lot) are essentially hubs. Just found the one that was the main usb and used that which fixed the issue straight away. It does seem that the latest updates are way more fussy about this as I have always used the hub usbs (because they are on the front of my PC as opposed to having to pull the whole thing out) previously. Hope that helps someone