Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using An HX Stomp with Lynx Aurora I/O in Pro Tools

Smj7

Hey folks,

I'm running Pro Tools 11 with Windows 10.  I have a Lynx Aurora 16 digital I/O (AES output) and the HX Stomp (USB output).  Here's my issue:

When I plug the HX stomp's USB into my computer, it sends audio to the computer fine.  The computer sends audio back through the HX stomp fine.

What I want though, Is for the audio to be routed through the Lynx Aurora 16 for monitoring.  When I select the "interface" option on a track to select the I/O, only my Lynx Aurora shows up... not the HX stomp.  Obviously, Pro Tools is seeing Stomp as the audio gets to the track ok.... but I don't even have it selected in the interface.  I therefore can't send direct sounds simultaneously.

Am I missing something or is this a limitation of this version of Pro Tools?

Sean Meredith-Jones

www.seanmeredithjones.com

51 minutes ago, lou-kash said:

Apparently Windows – unlike MacOS – cannot create "aggregate audio devices" out of the box:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=aggregate+audio+device+windows

Which is what you likely need if you want to use both devices simultaneously.

I figured that that might be the case between limitations of one of the devices being used (Stomp, Computer, Aurora, Pro Tools).  I will indeed look into it.  I didn't know the term to look for so that's very helpful!

Btw, is there a quick way to mute the USB output in the stomp so I can at least use it as a remote until I figure this out?

Sean Meredith-Jones

www.seanmeredithjones.com