Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amp out to front of tube amp

MR_EWING621

Hi,

honestly I had to read your post repeatedly to hopefully get an idea of what you might intend to do.

So let me at first clarify your needs bevor we consider any solution - if possible.

You want to have your amp as the main tone  = sound created by your amp’s preamp and poweramp?

You want to use the Pod Go’s FX.

There are PRE-FX = effects to sent into the front input of your amp = before pre/poweramp(eg Wah, distortion, EQ, Boost).

And there are POST-FX = FX normally sent into the FX loop of your amp = after pre/poweramp (eg Reverb, Delay, Modulation, EQ, Boost).

- do you need both: Pre and Post? 

- if you need Post-FX: does your amp have an effects loop?

The main problem as I understood it: you want to create 2 parallel signal chains:

- one chain with a IR as a cab sim to be sent into your mixer (a Behringer X32 I guess).  If your amp is to make the tone: from where do you send this signal? From your amp's speaker out into your X32?

- another chain parallely to be fed  into your real cabinet - without IR of course: do you want to use your real cab as a monitor?

Lots of questions ...

Pod Go can't do parallel routing. You need HX Stomp, Helix LT or Helix floor to do that. If you want to use your amp and cab and put Pod Go FX in the FX loop, you can do that using 4 cable method. 

If your amp has no fx loop, you have to Go through the front of the amp when its best for your amp to be set clean and use Pod Go for fx Inc distortions. Up to you whether you want to use Pod Go amp and cab modelling.