Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Switching effect mix via snapshots. Exceptions possible?

wikkimillis

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding switching the mix (or any other effect parameter) via snapshots. I try to keep it brief.

I use a fair amount of effects and the following scenario is very common for me:

Snapshot 1 - "Cleanish" with Delay and reverb at 15-20% mix

Snapshot 2 - Very wet with Reverb at 85% and delay at 35% mix

Snapshot 3 - High gain rhythm without reverb or delay

Both delay and reverb have their trails set to "on".

With this type of setup the delay and reverb are bypassed in snap 3 but the mix is naturally set to one specific value. What happens now is when switching from snap 2 to 3 the reverb trail dies off if I set the reverb mix in snap 3 to the levels of snap 1 (20%). If I set the reverb mix to 85% in snap 3 the reverb trail gets super loud when switching from snap 1 to 3.

Is there any way to keep snapshot 3 from changing the reverb mix? So that it stays at 85 when switching from 2 to 3 and stays at 20 when switching from 1 to 3? The only other solution I can think of is to put 2 separate reverbs into the signal chain. I'd like to avoid that for DSP reasons since I'm running stereo.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Reading this it sounds like the mix for the trails is controlled by changes in the snapshot you move to (pretty sure you get this already).

The approach holds logically, in that the mix parameter has been assigned to snapshot, the snapshot has changed, the mix parameter changes with the snapshot, and is then reflected in the decay still 'in the reverb'. Imagine a physical reverb unit staying on as you change patches and someone moving the mix parameter, then being turned off.  A strange analogy, but I think that's what's happening. If there was a way to queue the 'events' in snapshots you might have a chance, but that sounds a lot like scripting and more complex than what most Helix users would want to deal with.

So I think the idea of 2 reverbs, each with different mix levels is the only one that works.