Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FX Loop and Delay, Reverb Problem

JK_1234

Hi, I have a little problem setting up a new preset. What I want is to use a clean amplifier with a distortion pedal in the effects loop. My problem is now that whenever I switch on the effects loop the delay and the reverb (I put those blocks after the amp) do not work anymore. They are switched on and work on my clean sound but whenever I kick in the distortion through the effects loop, they stop working. The blocks do not get switched off; they simply do not do anything.

Maybe the answer is obvious and there is just a setting that I am missing. But at this point I do not know what I can try anymore.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you might have a conflict 'dual' assignment somewhere.  Easier to check with Pod Go Edit.  Are you working from an existing patch, or did you build the patch from scratch? If you can't find the problem, and are using an existing patch, try building the patch from scratch.

This tutorial might be helpful:

Ok thanks for your answer. That video was indeed good to learn more about the possibilities.

But I figured out, that the problem was something else. In the global settings the effects loop return type was set to aux in. Setting it to return fixed the problem. 

On 1/24/2021 at 12:07 PM, JK_1234 said:

Ok thanks for your answer. That video was indeed good to learn more about the possibilities.

But I figured out, that the problem was something else. In the global settings the effects loop return type was set to aux in. Setting it to return fixed the problem. 

Glad you got it sorted - I haven't used the FX loop yet, so that's a useful pointer for anyone coming across the same issue.