Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp Question - Can Parameters assigned to Footswitch be bypassed by Snapshot changes?

lauwing

For example,

1. Footswitch 1 assigned to toggle Amp Drive min: 5 max: 10, so that it works as a drive switch

2. When I am in Snapshot 1, I click Footswitch 1, now Amp Drive is set at 10

3. Then I want to switch to Snapshot 2 during a song to turn on additional Delay and Reverb, but when I saved Snapshot 2, Amp Drive was at 5. However, I want to keep the drive setting at 10 when switching Snapshot. I have to tap Footswitch 1 again to set Amp Drive back to 10.

I wonder if there is a setting that allow Snapshot mode bypassing those settings? Just like it can bypass a block's on/off state? I know I could just use a drive pedal instead of changing the amp drive parameter, but then it will occupy a block and more DSP in the HX Stomp.

thank you

42 minutes ago, lauwing said:

I might have been confused by the snapshot bypass thing. What I wanted to achieve is to let the Footswitch 1 parameters not affected by snapshot changes.

thanks

Actually, that's the way it's supposed to work. A parameter should not be affected by a Snapshot UNLESS it's ASSIGNED to SNAPSHOTS.

Yet, with a parameter assigned to FOOTSWITCH 1, MIN 5 MAX 10, If I save a Preset with a different Value, say, 8, that Value will be recalled by that SNAPSHOT, even though it's assigned to a Footswitch, NOT SNAPSHOTS!

You may have discovered a BUG!

I'm attaching a demo preset, if anyone can explain this?

Snapshot Bug.hlx

Thanks. I thought that maybe the case. So your helix behaves the same in 3.01? Where can I open a ticket?

8 hours ago, rd2rk said:

Actually, that's the way it's supposed to work. A parameter should not be affected by a Snapshot UNLESS it's ASSIGNED to SNAPSHOTS.

Yet, with a parameter assigned to FOOTSWITCH 1, MIN 5 MAX 10, If I save a Preset with a different Value, say, 8, that Value will be recalled by that SNAPSHOT, even though it's assigned to a Footswitch, NOT SNAPSHOTS!

You may have discovered a BUG!

I'm attaching a demo preset, if anyone can explain this?

Snapshot Bug.hlx 4.08 kB · 0 downloads

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pressing and holding a parameter such as amp drive will change the screen to Parameter and Controller.  When a footswitch is selected as Controller a second page becomes available with Snapshot Control (On/Off).  I think this is the behavior you are looking for.

• Upvote 1