Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix into Blackstar u250act - no sound?

lovestan

I have a helix that I had mainly used for guitar, but I have been experimenting with bass guitar through the helix recently. Thought I would run it through my blackstar u250act powered cab, but the signal level is apparently way too low. ? I can barely get an audible sound to come out. I have the helix 1/4 out set to line level with volume maxed out on helix and u250act. Is this not meant to function as pair? I'll admit,  I had not ever used a preamp pedal or modeler into the blackstar until now, but I thought that was the whole point of a powered cab in the first place....

Thanks. 

Hey,

I attached a pic from the back of your powered Blackstar bass cab.

Theoretically you are right, using it with a modeller or preamp is the point of an active cab :) so there has to be a way to make this work for you.

I suppose you are using the left combo input (in the "active" section)? If you did plug it into the passive input, there will be nothing happening, as you describe.

I hope this helped,

Jakob

blackstar-back.jpg

On 2/21/2021 at 3:37 PM, lovestan said:

Is this not meant to function as pair?

This is a bullet point from the promo blurb on the Blackstar site.

• Unity Bass Series Active Cabinet – connect to any amp in the Unity Bass Series for 250W of extra power

That makes it seem as if it has to be connected to the other unit.

I haven't used this type of cab, but this is from the user hand book page 17 - which says it can be used.

4. Cabinet Link/Line Input

This is the balanced audio input to your Unity Pro Bass U250ACT Active Cabinet. Connect the Cabinet Link output from any Unity Pro Bass combo here using an XLR cable (supplied).

Your U250ACT Active Cabinet can also be connected to most external preamps, amp modellers or effects processors for live use, with up to 250W of power. Simply connect the output of the external equipment to this input of your U250ACT using an XLR cable or 1⁄4" instrument cable.

Hope this helps/makes sense

Edited by datacommando
Added info from Manual