Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line6 Relay G10 - Not charging Transmitter (after storage) & FIRE HAZARD Firmware Unfound

ivonsmith

After months in storage my Line6 Relay G10 wireless seems not to want to charge; the Reciver base/dock glows red only not white; The Transmitter does not light up at all implying its not charging.

Any suggestions?

Also i read there is a FIRE HAZARD and I should update the Firmware.

But I cant find this anyware onsite; I get a general updater v1.20 dated March 3rd 2021....but I dont know if this is the Fireware updater or not; I ran it and it installed;

but the Transmitter still is not lighting up

On 3/30/2021 at 9:24 PM, ivonsmith said:

After months in storage my Line6 Relay G10 wireless seems not to want to charge; the Reciver base/dock glows red only not white; The Transmitter does not light up at all implying its not charging.

Any suggestions?

Also i read there is a FIRE HAZARD and I should update the Firmware.

But I cant find this anyware onsite; I get a general updater v1.20 dated March 3rd 2021....but I dont know if this is the Fireware updater or not; I ran it and it installed;

but the Transmitter still is not lighting up

If rechargeable batteries sit too long unused, sooner or later they won't take a charge anymore... particularly if they are subjected to cold temperatures where they're stored. I learned that the hard way with a rather expensive battery for a mobility scooter that I had in the garage over the winter, and it only took a couple   of months (3 at most) to ruin it...but I digress.

As for the firmware, download Line 6 Updater, connect the base via USB, and it's basically a 1 or 2 mouse-click process. However, if the battery is toast the transmitter won't be recognized, and you'll only be able to update the base.

You might want to consider replacing the transmitter with the newer version that was recently released anyway... even if you can resuscitate your existing one, the firmware update will cripple your battery life...the "fix" for the overheating issue was to limit the charging capacity. While it was supposed to cap it at 80%, in practice you'll likely find that it'll cut your battery life in half. Ymmv...