Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HB vs SC with Snapshots

rd2rk

This came up over on TGP.

Here's the problem:

"I have a preset that has 4 snapshots in my helix lt. I want to raise the output block volume in 2 of the snapshots at the same time with the remaining 2 unaffected. Possible?"

He's using a 4x4 FS arrangement, so only 4 Snaps visible at a time (couldn't use additional Snaps).

Here's my solution:

"You could add a gain block assigned to a Stomp, and turn off Snapshot Bypass. Since that only affects the Bypass state, you could assign the Gain parameter on that block to Snapshots, have it SAVED Higher on the 3rd and 4th Snapshots, and have the 2 other Snapshots saved with the Gain set lower. Save all 4 Snapshots with the Gain Block OFF. When you switch guitars, turn ON the Gain Block. It will stay ON in all 4 Snapshots, but since the first 2 are set to a lower setting than 3 and 4, They'll remain lower, and only 3 and 4 will be higher. When you switch back, turn the Gain Block OFF. Since you're using a Powercab, you'll want to keep track of the Level indicator on the PC. If you've got it optimized for the LP, the Gain Block could push it into the Red. You may have to optimize it with the Gain Block ON. There shouldn't be that much difference that it would affect your tone when it's OFF."

Not to brag or anything (ahem), but I thought it was clever enough to post here too.

Example preset attached.

HB vs SC w Snapshots.hlx

• Upvote 1