Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

OOOPS They did it again....

Ckarabas

I have NEVER written a complaint note before.....

After it became obvious there was a design flaw with the USB Power supply for the G!0,  I was thrilled to see they came out with a new version of the G10.... but they screwed it up AGAIN!!!  I took it home, opened the box, plugged in the USB.. and have to jiggle it for it to work.  Just like the previous model.

Doesn't anyone have a job there called "quality control?" 

It's such a shame.  The price was right, when the thing worked it was great... but you decided to save a nickel by using USB as a power supply.  

Without reliable power; nothing else matters.

I'm really bummed you guys didn't listen to us when we all complained about the USB problem with the first version of the G10.   Why not care?  
Now, I have to be one of those guys who tells fellow musicians,  DO NOT BUY THIS THING.   It's sad. I used to be a fan of Line 6; but I just can't afford unreliable products.  I'm playing gigs that are too important.

The G10 receiver base has not been updated. It’s only the transmitter, the G10TII, that has been changed.

The original G10 was not really designed to be a gigging wireless system, or at least one that withstood a lot of abuse while gigging. The G10S is much more robust. That being said, I’ve had my original. G10 since 2016, and I’ve done quite a few gigs with it. I use one of the magnetic breakaway connectors for the micro-USB, and that has seemed to have kept it safe.